Aspire One D250 with Broadcom BCM70012 not recognised

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by OST_NeoX, Nov 5, 2009.

1. OST_NeoX

OST_NeoX

Hi!.

First of all, sorry for my bad english.

I had bought a Broadcom BCM70012 Mini PCI-E card from eBay. I installed it on the free Mini PCI-E slot on the back of my Acer Aspire One D250 (the only one D250, version that have N270 processor and don't have Bluetooth, i don't remember exactly the model of my AAO). I'm using Windows 7 with 2Gb of RAM but the Mini PCI-E card wasn't recognised by the system. My AAO is update with the 1.21 Bios, and I tested the card with 1.07 Bios too.

¿What can I do?.

Thanks.

OST_NeoX, Nov 5, 2009
  2. OST_NeoX

ashram

try bios 1.06...

ashram, Nov 8, 2009
  3. OST_NeoX

Astroman

Where might one find the 1.06 bios? I ran into the same issue with my AOD250 :?

Astroman, Jan 4, 2010
  4. OST_NeoX

NIVO

when you guys say you ran into a problem, exactly what problem? Did you install the drivers from broadcom site.......and wait for them to install? It pauses for a short time before continuing the installation. Myself and ashram can confirm the latest driver from broadcom site working fine. Im using the bios that shipped with my D250(bios v1.13). And if it installed properly, is it that your media player isnt recognizing the card? Thats a whole other issue to resolve.

NIVO, Jan 5, 2010
  5. OST_NeoX

ashram

ashram, Jan 5, 2010
  6. OST_NeoX

hartleyshc

this is the whole reason i bought this card, and yes it does work. it plays wonderfully. takes a second to load, but can play 480p from hulu and 1080p from the adobe hd gallery perfectly (adobe site requires high bandwidth, or wait for the video to fully cache). also tested with hq and hd youtube videos.

i must mention i still get a slight stutter unless the video is full screen. yes, it actually plays better full screened than in windowed mode.

latest broadcom drivers + adobe 10.1 beta 2.

edit: make sure you close all browsers and fully uninstall your current version of flash before you upgrade. flash only supports hardware h.264 decoding (the broadcom in our case) on windows only right now, no mac or linux support.

hartleyshc, Jan 6, 2010
Ask a Question