Aspire One D250 strange problem...

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Pera Kojot, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Pera Kojot

Pera Kojot

Its my girlfriend netbook and now is unusable. She had some problems with few key on keyboard but now is totaly mess.

When its powerup first what is obvious is that F2 for accessing BIOS didnt work.
    Because crash it start Win XP with menu (safe/safe net/last known/start normally) and sometime its OK and time counter works, sometime time counter just display 30 sec to win start (and its should countdown to 0 :( ) and cursor keys for boot choice are not usable.

When it start to boot Win it reset after blue screen and that second time almost 100% time counter on OS menu displeys 30 sec with no countdown.

Sometime whan I press keys I can hire long beep for each kay that is pressed. Also if I let it stay on boot menu every 15 sec there is long (?) beep.

Only idea that I have is to open it and disattach keyboard and use USB keyboard to see what will heppend.

Any idea what to do with it?

P.S. Sorry for my bad English.

Pera Kojot, Dec 22, 2011
  2. Pera Kojot

Swarvey Moderator

First thing to try is usually to press each key on the keyboard in turn to make sure none of them are stuck down. The beep you are hearing is usually made because one of the keys on the keyboard is stuck down. The counter for the safe mode menu can be frozen if an arrow key is pressed after the menu has appeared, so try the arrow keys first.

Swarvey, Dec 22, 2011
  3. Pera Kojot

Pera Kojot

I find that out. It isnt in my nature to wait :), so I disassemble it completly and find out that keyboard is almost gone (with F key stuck) and that main problem is that hard disk is gone.

One thing I didnt look whan it was disassembled is what could be reason for heat in area under touchpad.

Thanks

Pera Kojot, Dec 24, 2011
Ask a Question