Aspire one d250 died after custom logo flash

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Jacob101980, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Jacob101980

Jacob101980

Ok i flashed my bios from windows and got a custom boot screen. amazed i turned off the netbook after the bios loaded so i could show my brother. When i tried to turn it on it would not turn on, the orange light just stayed on. I unplugged the battery from the netbook and plugged the ac cord in. As soon as i did the orange power light stayed on.

Now the things i have tried
    - Unplugged the battery and AC for a day
    - Opened the netbook up and unplugged ALL cords for a 3 hours
    - tried the Esc+fn power recovery with the right bios .fd and FLASHIT.EXE with the right disk format
    - tried the esc+fn with all drives besided the flashdrive (128MB) unplugged
    - tried the esc+fn with an SD (256MB)

Now my main notes are that when i plug in the AC cord the power light turns orange. when i press the power button the fan turns on for a second then turns off, unless i hold down esc+fn the fan continually runs but nothing happens with the power light or flash drive.

If i need to replace the bios chip can someone post where on the motherboard is it located. if it helps although its just a bios problem i was running windows 7 ultimate and my model is d250-1538

Jacob101980, Apr 5, 2010
  2. Jacob101980

MrQuincy

I thought you were MY expert, Jacob?! Here's a link to a post I made recently that should help you find the BIOS chip on an AOA110; which is likely very similar to the 250.

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=19178&p=114501&hilit=bios+chip#p114501

If I'm way off then you should look for 8 pin components nearest the hard drive on the main board. There should be a BIOS chip hiding around there.

MrQuincy, Apr 13, 2010
  3. Jacob101980

Jacob101980

unfortunately am not an expert am only 15. I have a good soldering iron but i don't know the brand. thank you for that information. now its time to make a video :D

Jacob101980, Apr 21, 2010
Ask a Question