Aspire One connects to wireless but no I.P.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ZapVolt, Dec 12, 2008.

1. ZapVolt

ZapVolt

I am trying to set up the Aspire One running XP. When I plug in a LAN cable I can connect to the Internet. When using the wireless I get the error "limited or no connectivity." I have an excellent signal strength reading and have set up the wireless to my WEP security and it says "connected", but it will not obtain a network I.P. address when on the wireless. I am using a new NETGEAR router. All my other XP computers (3) can get an IP address from the Netgear router without any problem. Is there something wrong with the ACER one's wireless? Please advise. Thanks

ZapVolt, Dec 12, 2008
  2. ZapVolt

s009

I had the same issue myself last week. I spent six hours late Saturday night and into the wee hours of Sunday morning trying to figure out wtf the problem was. I finally gave up and went to bed.

The next morning, nothing changed, obviously. There was only one thing I hadn't tried...I unplugged the router, waited a minute, then plugged it back in.

Guess what the end result was.... :roll: :lol:

Give it a shot...

s009, Dec 14, 2008
  3. ZapVolt

KillerStephen

Try disconnecting/unplugging one of the other devices, or try giving the aspire one a static ip.

KillerStephen, Dec 14, 2008
  4. ZapVolt

karona

Go into your router setup (RTFM) and check if 'mac filtering' is enabled, by looking at the DCHP clients table. This should show the mac number of your AA1, make sure it allows the AA1 to connect.

Keith

karona, Dec 14, 2008
Ask a Question