aspire one aod257 xp drivers

Discussion in 'Networking' started by lljeffll, Jan 1, 2014.

1. lljeffll

lljeffll

Please,please, please help me get win xp working on my aspire. I have looked everywhere and can't find the drivers for Ethernet and network controller drivers also PCI device driver. Everything else seems fine. The drivers for my device only available for win 7 on Acer site:(

lljeffll, Jan 1, 2014
  2. lljeffll

Brian8gbSSDLinux

Why didn't you try Googling

"Aspire d257 Drivers" ? I did... second 'hit' on the page.

http://exdir.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/acer-aspire-one-d257-driver-win-xp-win7.html

Click the link to go there... the Win XP drivers are UNDER the Win 7 Drivers.

In less than 2 months Microsoft will remove support for Windows XP so you will be at risk using your netbook - that is why Acer have removed XP Drivers from their website... so you cannot sue them when someone hacks your computer and empties your bank account.

You might like to look into a program called wubi... it allows you to install a LINUX version, IN a FOLDER inside Windows - allowing you to dual boot...

After playing with your Linux distribution (I recommend Lubuntu - it looks like Windows 98) if you don't like it...

You can UN-install it through Add Remove programs.

Brian8gbSSDLinux, Jan 1, 2014
Ask a Question