Aspire One AO 722 Bluetooth off at boot / restart

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by damole, Apr 22, 2012.

1. damole

damole

Every time my netbook starts, Bluetooth is turned off. I have to use Fn-f3 to turn it on. This is slightly annoying because I use a Bluetooth mouse which I like to use from the Welcome screen to login. All the software (Atheros stack) is installed correctly and there is no setting in the BIOS like there was in a an Acer laptop I had a some years ago. I clean installed Windows 7 from my retail disk so it has no Acer software installed on it. :)

Is this the same for everyone?

damole, Apr 22, 2012
  2. damole

g3vbl

In an earlier post entitled AO722-C6Ckk, dated 25 November 2011, I noted the same problem. We do not have to pay the Microsoft tax in Thailand so I am also using a clean install of Windows 7. It's doubly annoying since I tend to have the touchpad switched off so first need to turn that on to make use of Fn-f3. Otherwise it's fine and a small problem I had with the keyboard was rapidly sorted by the Acer Service Centre in Chiang Mai.

g3vbl, Apr 24, 2012
  3. damole

abenusa

I have an AO722-0473 in which I replaced the WiFi PCI-e module with a combo WiFi / Bluetooth module. The module is a Dell DW1702. I have a writeup on this elsewhere. Anyway, my Bluetooth automatically comes up (I am using a Bluetooth mouse also). I looked as to where the Bluetooth is activated, and it is not obvious to me. Not in the Startup folder. Not in the registry under HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. However there is a service called "Bluetooth Support Service" that is Started and it says Manual. So something starts the service. Wish I could help you guys out, but mine starts automatically, and I am not sure what starts it.

abenusa, Apr 30, 2012
  4. damole

damole

Hi

The card I see with the back panel off is an Atheros AR5B125 but this is a WiFi only card. Do you know where the Bluetooth card is located and it's model number?

To be honest I'm having lots of problems getting Ubuntu to work also and it seems a lot of this is related to the wireless card so I may just buy an Intel Centrino 6235 and be done with it.

cheers
    damole

damole, May 4, 2012
  5. damole

damole

I read in a thread elsewhere that the Intel chips don't work well with the Acer BIOS/motherboard. I think I am getting closer to dumping this and getting the Asus 1225B, at least Asus has decent support.

damole, May 9, 2012
  6. damole

abenusa

The WiFi/Bluetooth combo card is a AR5B195 also known as a Dell DW1702.

You are stating that you have an AR5B125. Not sure how it is even possible that you would have Bluetooth.

abenusa, May 25, 2012
  7. damole

rudro2009

Yes this is same for everyone. You have to turn on or off it by using the key combination : Fn+F3

I'm also using this netbook my netbook's model no: AO722-C6Ckk. However, i saw that for every piece of this netbook the process is same. :)

rudro2009, May 28, 2012
  8. damole

damole

This is the card that is visible:

[​IMG]

damole, Jun 13, 2012
  9. damole

damole

I have just taken this card out and started the computer and my bluetooth device is still showing. It's an Atheros card because the manufacturer ID is 69.

Does anybody know where the card is physically located?

damole, Sep 7, 2012
  10. damole

AOA110

In the picture above your post, it is the small module with the Black and white wires attatched IINM. Lower-right.

AOA110, Oct 4, 2012
  11. damole

damole

That small module is the wireless card AR5B125, the bluetooth card which is not visible, I have since discovered is an Atheros AR3011 and I now have the latest drivers/bluetooth stack installed.

I still have to turn it on each time I boot.

damole, Oct 10, 2012
  12. damole

AndyTech

Hi damole, the bluetooth card is located on the left side of the card reader connector looking from the top of the laptop. From the button view it is under the motherboard. The bluetooth connect in JBT1 port. This is what I deduct from the informations I have, if I could find the schematic for the AO722 I answer more question.

AndyTech, Oct 16, 2012
Ask a Question