ASPIRE ONE A150 DEAD AFTER BIOS UPDATE

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by adamb_135, Feb 8, 2010.

1. adamb_135

adamb_135

I recently attempted to update my bios using the fn+esc method and it started and after about 30 minutes nothing happened. so i tried to turn it off. nothing. i let it sit for 20 more minutes in case it wasnt done. still nothng so i take out the battery and unplug the power. i plug it back in and try to turn it on and NOTHING HAPPENS. The battery LED is dim green and not even the fan or any LED's come on when i try to turn it on. PLEASE HELP!

adamb_135, Feb 8, 2010
  2. adamb_135

tgz101

If it won't boot at all you probably have two options. Either send the computer back to the shop for repairs or try and disassemble it and restart the CMOS yourself. I believe removing and reinstalling the CMOS should return your BIOS to factory settings but I have no idea where it is in the A150. Odds are some Google-fu will turn up something though.

tgz101, Feb 9, 2010
  3. adamb_135

adamb_135

that wouldn't be a problem(ive upgraded the ram) ill try resetting the cmos internally by removing the battery for 60 seconds.if that doesnt work and i switch the ram back to origional will acer be able to tell if i voided my warranty?(i have not noticed any void warranty stickers over screws or anything)

adamb_135, Feb 9, 2010
Ask a Question