Aspire One A110 DEAD SHORT-CIRCUIT -Any has Experience?

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Ihatethismachine, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Ihatethismachine

Ihatethismachine

Hi Guys,

I really thought that the ssd (so called) was to slow and I liked the Idea of Modding with a CF-Card... So far so good. I turned the cable around so that it worked...

BUT then i did the MISTAKE:
    The Aspire was open and running when i put the top-part with the touchpad back and (my brain must be out of order at this time) then it just switched off..

NO Green LED, No Screen, No Fan, Nothing
    with or without battery or powerswitch
    I think i short-circuit it and I hope that some fuse burned.......

???
    Does Anybody has an idea or had the same problem yet...

Greetings
    Jan

Ihatethismachine, Mar 10, 2009
  2. Ihatethismachine

jerryt

Get a magnifing glass, inspect the cover for arc marks, inspect the motherboard in the location where the arc marks are on the cover.

Hope to find a component burnt in half. Inspect the entire motherboard for burnt components.

jerryt, Mar 10, 2009
  3. Ihatethismachine

dattaway

Might have shorted out a flyback diode on one of the power supplies. If you have an ohmmeter, I'd check those for zero ohms. They look like SMD capacitors, but are black with lettering. like L7 or something. You can usually replace them with any diode, but they are usually the low voltage drop schottky type for efficiency.

dattaway, Mar 10, 2009
Ask a Question