Aspire One 751H-keyboard failure

Discussion in 'Acer' started by fhmtech, Jul 31, 2012.

1. fhmtech

fhmtech

The built-in keyboard stopped working 2-3 days ago. I thought it was a software glitch so I restored my netbook to factory settings. Even after than it would not type according. Say if I pressed the letter "s" it would come out as "wsa" in notepad. Or if i clicked "e" it would come out as "4ref". Some of the lower keys like z.x.c.v work but then the rest wont type like b,n,m. Even the enter button does not work. So I thought it was a software thing, so I restored it twice.

I am not sure if its a hardware failure, cause it was working perfectly the night before. I have been using it for almost 3 yrs without any hiccup. this is first time i restored it also.

Any suggestions might be helpful. The only last resort i could come up with is attach an external USB keyboard.

fhmtech, Jul 31, 2012
  2. fhmtech

something back

Possible sticking key?

Go through the whole keyboard key by key to see if they rebound when pressed.

You can buy individual key parts on ebay.
    The keys have 4 parts to them , the key with the number/letter on it, a middle gromet, and a two part
    plastic assembly.

Approx set cost per key $4 or £2.50

[ame]
    [ame]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
    something back, Jul 31, 2012
  3. fhmtech

fhmtech

No its not sticking keys, i checked, the keys are fine..i installed a wireless mouse the night before, could that have affected the software or hardware component of the keyboard? If it was software, restoring it would have fixed it..

Any other possible solutions would be appreciated...

fhmtech, Aug 1, 2012
  4. fhmtech

something back

Until you resolve the problem
    in the accessories folder is an on screen keyboard

Click on the start button the goto accessories folder the goto
    Ease of access folder and then click on the on screen keyboard.

It may just have kicked the bucket , and you require a new keyboard.

First look in the control panel section, then in device manager section.
    Uninstall the keyboard then restart your computer to see if it resolves the issue.

The last thing to try is to see if the keyboard ribbon connector has worked loose.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
    something back, Aug 1, 2012
Ask a Question