Aspire One 721 need higher resolution for external 22" TFT

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by woodde, Jan 13, 2011.

1. woodde

woodde

Hello

I want to connect my Aspire one 721 through VGA with an Eizo S2202W TFT and want to use it with resolution of 1600 x 1050 but the Netbook did not offer me any higher resolution than 1024 x 768 when trying to adjust the monitor. What can i do?

woodde, Jan 13, 2011
  2. woodde

zanxion

Re: Aspire One 721 need higher resolution for external 22" T

Has the monitor been regognized properly, or it is being identified as generic?

zanxion, Jan 14, 2011
  3. woodde

woodde

no, it just had been identified as generic. I don't know what to do to get it recognized properly. Can you help me?

I was hoping using the HDMI connection would help so i've bought an DVI to HDMI adapter that i've tried out today but there was no chance to get the Netbook to show up at the external Monitor. Do i have to enable the HDMI port?

woodde, Jan 17, 2011
  4. woodde

woodde

Whatever happened ... I've conected the AAO 721 with using the HDMI to DVI and a DVI cable to an ASUS TFT and it worked perfectly with the correct resolution. Than i connected it again the same way with the Eizo TFT and it worked also with 1600 x 1050. Really strange.

woodde, Jan 17, 2011
Ask a Question