Aspire One 533 Touchpad

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Jamie_W, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Jamie_W

Jamie_W

I did a search for this but couldn't seem to find anything all that relevant.

Basically, I've come from using a Macbook Pro and am very used to using the multi-touch gesture recognition on that machines touchpad and the one on the Aspire seems a little over sensitive! And the scroll portion on the right side hardly ever works. Now I'm not expecting a similar performance to a Macbook, but is there anyway I can customise or configure the touchpad on my Acer? If there was anything installed with it then I'm afraid it's gone as the first thing i did was install Windows 7 Ultimate on a clean format...

Thanks!

Jamie_W, Oct 9, 2010
  2. Jamie_W

bluevolume

Go to the Support area on the Acer website, and download the appropriate touchpad driver for your 533. Its either the symantec or alps; just grab what's there.

Sounds like you haven't downloaded any of the 533 drivers yet? I'd suggest grabbing them all.

bluevolume, Oct 9, 2010
  3. Jamie_W

Swarvey Moderator

For Synaptics (the most common) touchpads, you can access all the individual features of the touchpad by going to Start -> Control Panel -> Mouse -> the Device Settings tab -> then click the Settings button about half way down the window.

From here you can virtually completely control all aspects of the touch pad.

Swarvey, Oct 9, 2010
  4. Jamie_W

Jamie_W

I downloaded a few drivers, but only really just for the Wifi. I let Windows Update fill in the rest of the gaps, should I install all the ones from the Acer site instead?

Jamie_W, Oct 10, 2010
  5. Jamie_W

Swarvey Moderator

The ones you get from Windows Update are usually just drivers, they're missing control panels etc. Your best bet is to make sure you always have the latest drivers from the manufacturers (Acer's) website. That way you'll have the control panels as well. This will give you more control over your mouse, sound system etc etc

Swarvey, Oct 11, 2010
  6. Jamie_W

exbrit69

Doesn't work for me. I find nothing there that will cure the sample below which occurs if I don't place the pointer in a neutral off screen position.
    Doesn't wo d of its owninrk for me. I have been trying to find ouit why the pad has a m

exbrit69, Oct 28, 2010
  7. Jamie_W

Swarvey Moderator

You have to configure the palm-check feature.

Swarvey, Oct 28, 2010
Ask a Question