Aspire One 531H flashed wrong bios

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by vanwalsum, Feb 6, 2011.

1. vanwalsum

vanwalsum

Guys,

I flashed the wrong bios is my 531h (n280). I flashed the bios of the aoa150. Because that's an inside h2o bios, the flashing was no problem at all in windows. But after 20 seconds of flashing, the netbook turned off, and never woke up. The power led is yellow/orange. When i push it, it turns green for about 1 seconds and turns orange/yellow again. When i disconnect the battery, the led blinks for ever with a very soft tick every time it blinks.

I can't get the laptop in recovery mode, or the fan blowing.

What to do? Can i throw i away?

Thanks for help.

vanwalsum, Feb 6, 2011
  2. vanwalsum

Swarvey Moderator

you might be able to get a new BIOS chip and have it soldered in,, but can't say for sure if it'll work. why'd you flash the wrong BIOS ? accident ?

Swarvey, Feb 6, 2011
  3. vanwalsum

vanwalsum

Okay, i have 2 netbook's, and want to update the bios of the both. But i picked up the wrong for the 531h.

vanwalsum, Feb 6, 2011
  4. vanwalsum

Swarvey Moderator

ahhh okay bugger. Still, if you can't get to crisis recovery and if Acer tech support is no help, you might have to start looking for a replacement BIOS chip.

Swarvey, Feb 6, 2011
Ask a Question