Aspire one 531 internal 3g modem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Spacerr, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Spacerr

Spacerr

Hi,

bought a 531 today with some vouchers I got from currys. It has an internal 3g modem. I have put the sim from my 3 3g dongle in but nothing is happening. Can anyone tell me how to get it working? It is running XP (at least for the moment).

Spacerr, Jun 19, 2009
  2. Spacerr

Spacerr

The more I look into this the more I suspect that Currys have given me a model without 3g. When I look at the Acer support pages it mentions that the 3g is an option (but doesn't have model numbers for those with and those without). Also that there should be a 3G light beside the WLAN light and there isn't one on my machine. Going to have to wait until Monday to phone the support line. The shop is open tomorrow but the staff wouldn't be much help. They couldn't even tell me if it came with a three or six cell battery. It's not even in their sales materail if it comes with a three of six cell battery. If it turns out they don't have the ones with 3G will be submitting a complaint to someone after it being on the display label and telling the sales staff it was the reason why I chose that model.

Might get the A150-AB or N110 instead if I can't get the 531 with 3G.

Spacerr, Jun 20, 2009
  3. Spacerr

bengrendon

Spacerr -- Did you get any joy with the 3g modem one your 531 at all mate? I have just got one as well and it does not have the modem in it either as i have opened up the access panel on the back to check.

bengrendon, Sep 1, 2009
  4. Spacerr

Spacerr

Hi, sorry haven't been on the forum for a long time. It turns out that Currys don't sell the version with internal 3G modem. When I asked the sales guy and he said it did I think saw the 'Comes with 3G' on the printed description he had and answered yes. I traded it in for a D150.

Spacerr, Nov 15, 2009
Ask a Question