Aspire One 2 fans?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by lukedavis, Nov 23, 2008.

1. lukedavis

lukedavis

Hi, I just got my second aspire one (gave the other one to the sister) and I installed the free fan control and that went fine. However there is another sound that is coming from near the battery. Is that the second fan? How do I control it? I know when the big fan comes on. It makes a loud noise, however, this noise that is bothering me is less loud (more like humming) and makes the bottom of the netbook hotter. Any ideas, suggestions?

lukedavis, Nov 23, 2008
  2. lukedavis

melhiore

AFAIK there is only one CPU fan :) I have no idea what's causing this "second noise" but if there are two fans you should be able to see fan output - like perforated place with fan behind it... ;) Is it HDD or SSD version. It may be HDD running... ;)

melhiore, Nov 23, 2008
  3. lukedavis

lukedavis

I am not sure if it is a HDD or SDD version. The model number is: A0A150-1126

My other aspire one does not have any sound at all after I install the fan control program. But this one does. Can it be defective?

lukedavis, Nov 23, 2008
  4. lukedavis

goofball

A150 has mechanical HDD. A110 has SSD.

goofball, Nov 24, 2008
Ask a Question