Aspire Better for Web Design and College

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Richyboy5225, May 20, 2010.

1. Richyboy5225

Richyboy5225

I have an aser aspire one i got for christmas this year. I just graduated from high school and am going to school for web design . I also like to play games on it. I wondered if and how i could make it faster and more ready for college and web design and aslo get some better graphics out of it. Money is a little bit of an object. Suggestions and links appreciated thanks.

Richyboy5225, May 20, 2010
  2. Richyboy5225

PhAndrew

I currently bought myself an Acer netbook also for college and I find it very reliable. The fews you have to know is how to use CCleaner and defrag ( i use defraggler). Use the two problems weekly because it ensures u that your netbook is clean and also fast.

Also, type msconfig in the search area in the start menu and open it. Go to startup and uncheck everything. The only thing that should be checked is the drivers you need. This helps run the netbook faster because it frees up ram from unnecessary programs running.

Keep a clean desktop. Not many people are aware of this but a clean desktop is helps extremely.

If you want to game, i suggest you look into sites like 9xx gaming where it gives you modded drivers to play games. (i play hl2 on mine with 30+ fps) dont use gamebooster because it doesnt work

In terms of programs, they should run fine but slowly because of the speed.

Overall, just follow these and you will be fine. Remember to update frequently and use the two programs i mentioned.

PhAndrew, May 21, 2010
  3. Richyboy5225

Richyboy5225

Thanks bro. My laptop is at acer right now getting fixed but ill be sure to do those things.
    Is there anyway to get more ram into it and maybe a new graphics card?

Richyboy5225, May 21, 2010
  4. Richyboy5225

tsp_2177

Depending on what netbook you have graphics may be built into the processor. I know my atom D720 in my nettop/HTPC i built has graphics built into the processor as I'm sure my netbook (AAO D260) Does too, if your netbook has a "pinetrail" atom processor in it i'm pretty sure it will. so no new graphics card, and with laptops their built into the motherboard so not real easy to change if possible on none "pinetrail" atom processors. RAM/memory should be able to be upgraded to 2gb no problems there are many guides on this forum under the "how to" section and many more videos on Youtube. Do this at your own risk though.

tsp_2177, Aug 18, 2010
Ask a Question