aspire 7000/9300 windows vista/7 usb2

Discussion in 'Acer' started by kristyon, May 23, 2012.

1. kristyon

kristyon

Originally had XP on this laptop, upgraded to Vista and had issues getting USB 2 device and inbuilt webcam to be regcognised. Its odd because some of the 9300's came with Vista. I tried everything, including trying various Nvidia chipset drivers, I tried ripping the drivers from driverpacks, Acer recovery disks, acer websites, the lot.
    But I cannot get the USB to work in enhanced mode. Device manager lists them as standard, which I know for sure they are not. As a result, the inbuilt usb2 webcam will not work either.
    I am now on windows 7 but problems are still the same.
    Any tips or hacks would be welcome.

kristyon, May 23, 2012
  2. kristyon

elPaulio Moderator

Hi there,

Have you been to the Acer website and downloaded and installed all of the latest drivers?
    http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/downloads_gd.html

I note they are only listed for XP and Vista, but the Vista drivers may work with Windows 7.
    Short of that, trying other manufacturers (Dell, Toshiba etc) who use same components and chipsets with Windows 7 would be the only way to get Windows 7 drivers, but thats a long shot and quite laborious.

Hope that helps

Paul

elPaulio, May 23, 2012
Ask a Question