aspire 5530 is it the motherboard?

Discussion in 'Acer' started by loytoy, Aug 31, 2011.

1. loytoy

loytoy

My 5530 using vista just started working in a very strange way. Everytime the keyboard is touched acer arcade starts up preventing use of the keyboard as it keeps re opening eveytime a key is pressed. If arcade is deleted windows madia centre opens instead. This cannot be deleted but if access is denied a message box opens up instead saying no access to media centre, so the result is the same.
    I reintalled everything from the backup dvd's thinking it might be a virus, but it's just the same, works OK appart from no keyboard use. The on screen keyboard works but not practical. One other thing it does is sometimes boots into window xp embeded then tries to start up arcade, by passing vista altogether. If the start button is held down slightly longer this does not seem to happen.
    Is the problem with the motherboard as I cannot think of anythiong else or of any solution. Machine is 3 years old.

loytoy, Aug 31, 2011
Ask a Question