Aspire 4755G - Several undetected issues

Discussion in 'Acer' started by pAcer, Feb 28, 2012.

1. pAcer

pAcer

Hi folks,
    1. USB
    I bought the model (subject title) little over three months ago and everything was working fine until a month ago.
    The USB does not recognize devices, although it does have electric-feed (left side second port) and the one closest to the user side is totally dead. I think ESD might've did the damage, but need to hear similar problems' and solutions.

I tried several times by uninstalling, updating and all those software based fixes. But I'm coming to the terms that the ESD killed it. Could this be possible?

2. Webcam
    As you may know, the built-in cam should be detected after installing a fresh copy of OS, which I did. But it does not for some reason. The driver cannot detect the 'device'.
    Anyone had similar problems?

I would appreciate any help at all. Thanks and I will also give my opinion on stuff I know of, not much of a helper but years of tinkering might shed some light on your problems. Cheers maties!

pAcer

pAcer, Feb 28, 2012
  2. pAcer

something back

Before you decide to return your machine under warranty. Go to the start button, type restore, click on device manager, then uninstall all
    all usb items in the universal serial bus controllers section. Then shut down then restart.

See if this resolves the issues.

Another thing to try is to reset your netbook using erecovery ALT AND F10 together.

if after doing a erecovery and it still wont work then is back for a warranty claim

something back, Feb 28, 2012
  3. pAcer

pAcer

Dear Something back,

Thank you for the advice. The uninstall and restart gig didn't work, I should've mentioned that in the previous post.
    I will try the second one.

Other comments and suggestions are always welcome. Thanks guys!

pAcer, Mar 1, 2012
Ask a Question