Aspire 4551 keyboard removal - help!

Discussion in 'Acer' started by gavrd1, Sep 1, 2010.

1. gavrd1

gavrd1

Hi all

I have an aspire 4551 that I am having to replaced a damaged keyboard on. I have the new keyboard here however am struggling to find any disassembly instructions to access removing the keyboard.

Unlike a lot of acers, the 4551 seems to have virtually no support online and the main casing seems to be one one unit of the top half. I seem to have all the screws out but part of the boards seem to belong to the bottom half and the other parts go with the top so I therefore struggle to split it apart and therefore cannot see how to take the keyboard out.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

gavrd1, Sep 1, 2010
  2. gavrd1

Swarvey Moderator

Moved to "Off Topic" as this isn't about an Aspire One series netbook

As for the problem, if your model is anything like an Aspire One, the keyboard probably clips in under the palm rest. at the top of the machine. Have a look around the edges of your keyboard for small metal tabs to pop out with a flat bladed screwdriver, or similar plastic tool.

Swarvey, Sep 1, 2010
Ask a Question