Are you using firefox , and have limited internet usage allowance?

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by something back, Aug 15, 2015.

1. something back

something back

Are you using firefox , and have limited internet usage allowance?

The new versions of firefox are starting to use Pre-fetching or caching of web pages,
    this process can be taking up more of your internet usage allowance than you may wish.

Here's a link to help you alter some simple settings to help you use less internet allowance.

http://betanews.com/2015/08/15/fire...en-you-hover-over-links-heres-how-to-stop-it/

something back, Aug 15, 2015
    Sefie and Diane Lane like this.
  2. something back

Diane Lane

Wow, I have a friend who is having a ton of problems with bandwidth usage on her Satellite internet, and she uses Firefox. I'm definitely going to share this with her, hopefully it will help at least diminish her issues, if not solve them, thanks!

Diane Lane, Aug 15, 2015
  3. something back

Sefie

This is great to know, I have yet to update to the new Firefox version, but fortunately I don't have an internet usage allowance. Not yet at least. This is good to know, glad to hear something can be done by playing around with the browser's settings.

Sefie, Aug 16, 2015
  4. something back

sparkster

Ah excellent, thank you for this. I'm using Firefox and am on limited bandwidth for the time being. I had to start using 3G and tethering because I was having problems with the broadband. It's quite expensive.

sparkster, Aug 16, 2015
  5. something back

something back

More firefox addons THAT WILL ALSO SAVE SOME DOWNLOAD

If you use Firefox then some addons you may wish to consider.

Adblockplus: this will help in two ways stopping most adverts,and reducing your download allowance.

Ghostery: helps stop website trackers etc.

Noscript: helps in stopping a hidden script from performing

Better: stops L.S.O. Cookie.

something back, Aug 20, 2015
    Diane Lane likes this.
  6. something back

Diane Lane

Thanks so much @something back, I'll share these with my friend. I supposedly have good internet at home, but I have issues myself. I actually use both Adblockplus and Ghostery already, yay, it's good to see i'm doing something right! I use Adblockplus on both Chrome and Firefox, and it really helps.

Diane Lane, Aug 20, 2015
  7. something back

jamesbonner

Well I don't have any limits on my internet usage but I'll definetly download this newest version, because this new feature may help to speed up the necessary time to load pages ! thank you for sharing this !

jamesbonner, Sep 5, 2015
Ask a Question