Are wireless VOIP headsets Linpus compatible?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Pontificator, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Pontificator

Pontificator

Newegg has some wireless VOIP headsets on sale.

Are they 'plug and play' with the Linpus AA1 or is there any tweaking needed?

Pontificator, Feb 10, 2009
  2. Pontificator

sagebrush

IT WOULD DEPEND,

IF THE HEADSETS COME WITH PROPRITARY SOFTWARE.. THEN THAT SOFTWARE WOULD HAVE TO BE LINUX COMPATIBLE...
    ALSO IF THEY COME WITH NO SOFTWARE, YOU WILL NEED TO INSTALL A VOIP TELEPHONY PACKAGE INTO LINUX..

YOU DONT GAIN ANYTHING BY A VOIP HEADSET WHEN THE ASPIRE COMES WITH MIC AND SPEAKERS.. ALL YOU NEED IS A VOIP / LINUX DISTO
    COMPATABLE PROGRAM.. IF YOU GO TO YOUR PACKAGE MANAGER AND SEARCH VOIP YOU SHOULD FIND WHAT YOU NEED...
    THEN..IF YOU STILL NEED A HEADSET.. GET ONE THAT WORKS ON BLUETOOTH OR A CABLE..

sagebrush, Feb 16, 2009
  3. Pontificator

brownb2

I got one of those tiny semi circle design cheap USB BT adapters, with some mucking around in Linpus it works perfectly (I needed to get bluez and the .ko file mentioned in guides I found via Google). I was hoping to use a phone or head set with Skype (for web video conferencing) but Skype on the AA1 didn't seem to see any new audio devices even I'd sync'd up my phone. YMMV.

brownb2, Aug 23, 2009
Ask a Question