are the loud fans as loud as xbox 360??

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Tallytail, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Tallytail

Tallytail

when you guys talk about loud fans, i get confused because everyone has a different level of calling something loud. With that said, i would like to know if it is as loud as an xbox 360 at similar distance away. mine is not silent but i dont think it is LOUD. I say mine sounds like the xbox360 during idling. how about yours?

Tallytail, Nov 4, 2008
  2. Tallytail

Guest Guest

If the Xbox 360's idling noises sound comperable to a somewhat high pitched cell phone vibrating, then I would say yes (in terms of noise). Yes, I make shakes with my AAO!

I think that by loud, people may mean that it is loud enough to be distracting while using the computer. At least I find this to be the case.

Guest, Nov 4, 2008
  3. Tallytail

Tallytail

is there a sound clip comparison between the silent aao and a loud aao?

Tallytail, Nov 4, 2008
  4. Tallytail

Arctic_Eddie

My AA1/1G/160G/6C/XP is so quiet I can't hear the fan unless I put my ear to the case. I have the fan set to turn on at 60C and off at 55C. It rarely turns on. The new model may be using an entirely different fan and hence the lack of noise. In my experience it's a non-issue now.

Arctic_Eddie, Nov 4, 2008
  5. Tallytail

Tallytail

i just brought mine yesterday 160g xp 1gig ram. when the fan is not on, you can barely hear anything. When the fan kicks in, you can hear it for sure. but i say in public places, the ambient noise is wayyyy louder. The fan is only noticable when im in a quiet room.

anyways, it looks like your aao is a silent one and mine isnt. hehe lucky you.

btw, what bios version do you have?

Tallytail, Nov 4, 2008
  6. Tallytail

Arctic_Eddie

7. Tallytail

Arctic_Eddie

My mistake, I just turned it back on and the the BIOS is 0.3301 but the update site is 0.3304. Not sure if I'll do the update since mine is working fine. If it would make the wireless a little more sensitive I might go for it.

Ask a Question