Are original batteries covered by warranty?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by sandydoull, Jul 24, 2009.

1. sandydoull

sandydoull

Got a warning when i booted into ubuntu that my battery has only 47% capacity left is this normal? Are batteries covered by warranty, the computer is only 8 months old! Here's my batteries readout:

Battery #1 : present
    Remaining capacity : 1045 mAh, 100.0%
    Design capacity : 2200 mAh
    Last full capacity : 1045 mAh, 47.50% of design capacity
    Capacity loss : 52.50%
    Present rate : 0 mA
    Charging state : charged
    Battery type : rechargeable, LION
    Model number : UM08A73
    Serial number : 0D98
    (is there any tool available in ubuntu to try recover some of the batteries health?)

One final question, what is the best way of preserving the battery, i generally run the battery down once or twice a day and the rest of the time it's on AC.

sandydoull, Jul 24, 2009
  2. sandydoull

judeh101

You should NEVER run down the battery. It is extremely bad to do so.
    Yeah, just phone up acer, they'll send you a new battery :)

judeh101, Aug 12, 2009
  3. sandydoull

sandydoull

When i say run down I mean running it down to 10% charge where it is set to shut down the computer, I have tried doing support via email, but so far after nearly three weeks i have received one email telling me to update my bios, did that surprise surprise it didnt help, last time i check i had like 500 maH capacity!! I guess i might try phonin them it would seem there is definitely something wrong with the battery!

sandydoull, Aug 12, 2009
  4. sandydoull

judeh101

YOU MUST phone them, their emailing service is extremely bad. When phoning em', tell them that you're a technician, so that it makes you sound smarter.

judeh101, Aug 14, 2009
  5. sandydoull

sandydoull

The battery is only covered for 6 months, it's as if they know the batteries are gonna crap out, pretty shady customer service if you ask me, is it ev en legal to sell anything without at least a years guarantee?!

Well I've since received a 9 cell 7800mah from a honk kong ebay seller, getting 7-8 hrs with wifi on, only on the second charge so i'm pretty impressed so far, more details in the "ebay sellers" thread( hardware>>batteries section )

sandydoull, Sep 8, 2009
Ask a Question