Are Alienware Computers Worth It?

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by LindaKay, Jan 23, 2014.

1. LindaKay

ElendilE

They are overpriced, true. But so are Macbooks. And in my opinion, an Alienware does its job better than any Macbook. If you're buying one for gaming though, I would recommend going for a desktop instead. Because unlike the laptop, you can upgrade your desktop so as to match the requirements of video games as they get more performance-demanding in the future.

ElendilE, Jan 25, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  2. LindaKay

tommytrant20

I personally Alienware stay for those who prefer strong and balanced regularly upgraded MacBooks while video games are simply elegant style of business

tommytrant20, Feb 5, 2016
  3. LindaKay

IBMPC8088

You are better off with a desktop if that's the reason you're getting it. Or at least some other laptop with powerful specs that are guaranteed to last well into the future for an affordable price.

Alienware is just hype. It's like going to Best Buy and paying $30 for a belkin cable instead of a $15 "generic name" cable that is manufactured by the same plant and sold to people under two diferent names. Alienware is overpriced hype equipment, and you'll never find one in my collection unless it's given to me for free. ;)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
    IBMPC8088, Feb 20, 2016
  4. LindaKay

nytegeek

The better off with a desktop argument isn't helpful. As for Alienware, they had some value that differentiated them from other systems prior to being purchased by Dell, but that was a very long time ago. You are better off shopping by the hardware specs and price than by a brand name when looking for gaming performance in a laptop.

nytegeek, Mar 9, 2016
  5. LindaKay

djtech

Let Alienware alone for those who want to take a stash of cash and burn it. Build your own gaming rig. And if you are into gaming, start off with acer's gaming laptop which is much cheaper and yet looks great. Plus, the only real difference between a hi spec laptop and a gaming laptop is in the gpu(not always) and the extra cooling features. Everything else is the same. So, why not buy a high end regular laptop instead.

djtech, Mar 19, 2016
  6. LindaKay

spence88

Sorry to bump this up, but I find this particularly irresistible to reply with. Yes, it is worth it, if you really care about boosting your ego, like bragging it to your friends. Or if you travel a lot and often go to LAN parties, then laptop it is. You can't bring your full tower desktop that easily to a LAN party eh? (unless you have a car) Other than that, desktop is without a doubt the best way to go if you're gaming. It's far cheaper and easy to build and customize.

Yeah, I agree. Actually, that is the two most important thing to look for when buying a gaming laptop. In fact, the latter is the biggest factor to my buying decision when I bought my own gaming laptop.

spence88, Mar 31, 2016
  7. LindaKay

djtech

Yeah it really is important. I don't have anything against gaming laptops and I agree, if you go to a lan party, you obviously can't take your tower with you. But, fewer and fewer people do that nowadays.

Anyways, if you're interested in checking out other people's setups and gaming systems, check this guy's vids out. I couldn't watch many of them because it sort of gets repetitive after a while, but there are some great gems in there, if gaming is your thing:

djtech, Apr 6, 2016
Ask a Question