Apple More problems for some installing the latest updates BE WARNED!!

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by something back, Mar 24, 2016.

1. something back

something back

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
    something back, Mar 24, 2016
    IcyBC and IBMPC8088 like this.
  2. something back

CasualGoofy

What?! More problems?! This is why I've always hesitated about updating my Ipad 2. Having read that, I think I have more reason not to. I'll wait till there's a fix. Thanks for the warning!

CasualGoofy, Mar 25, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  3. something back

IBMPC8088

This is why I don't use Apple any more than I use Windows unless it's in a box. The latest emulated Apple OS I have is Mavericks. Both that and Mountain Lion work fine in VM for development and use.

I don't see why people get broken software the company labels as an 'upgrade', just to break it more for it to become slower and less useful, forcing them to buy another device later. Intelligent computer users shouldn't ever subject themselves to such abuse or marketing at their own expense.

IBMPC8088, Mar 25, 2016
    CasualGoofy likes this.
  4. something back

nytegeek

Apple puts out a lot of bad updates it seems, and with such a closed ecosystem that is a big loss for the consumer. I generally avoid Apple products and this is one of the main reasons.

nytegeek, Mar 25, 2016
  5. something back

IcyBC

Thank you for the information! The latest issue after the update on my iPad was the messaging problem. Suddenly I can no longer send messages to non Apple users and was quite frustrating. I hate all of these updates, although I understand why we have to, but with the updates, I always ended up with more problems than I want to deal with.

I haven't updated to OS X El Capitan either, because I don't want to deal with problems and I will wait until there isn't a choice.

IcyBC, Mar 25, 2016
  6. something back

CasualGoofy

Definitely spot on. It's practically their way of old device shaming. I was fine with IOS6. In fact, it may have ran more smoothly. If it weren't for the app I wanted to use, I wouldn't have bothered. With such nonsense, I'm not compelled to get another Apple product.

CasualGoofy, Mar 25, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  7. something back

Sefie

When it comes to updates I always prefer to wait, because you never know! It's better to wait for a while so they can sort out the bugs and such. I've never been known as an early adopter ;)

Sefie, Mar 26, 2016
Ask a Question