Apple, FBI Set to Face Off Before Congress on Tuesday

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sefie, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Sefie

Sefie

Apple Inc and the US Federal Bureau of Investigation will make their cases before a congressional panel on Tuesday regarding a court order to force the technology company to give the FBI data from the iPhone belonging to one of the San Bernardino shooters.

On Thursday, Apple filed a motion to vacate the court order, maintaining its stance that Apple Chief Executive Tim Cook said he would be willing to take all the way to the Supreme Court. Apple's general counsel, Bruce Sewell, will argue Tuesday that creating a tool to unlock the phone would weaken the security of hundreds of millions of Apple devices, according to Sewell's prepared remarks before the US House of Representatives Judiciary Committee.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/apple-fbi-set-to-face-off-before-congress-on-tuesday-808497

Sefie, Mar 1, 2016
    IcyBC likes this.
  2. Sefie

vinaya

In the recent times, I am hearing about the row between Apple and FBI.However, I don't know the exact cause. can you explaining what FBI is dragging Apple to the court and what is the main contentious issue rearding Apple vs FBI case?

vinaya, Mar 2, 2016
  3. Sefie

Sefie

@vinaya It all started when the FBI wanted to have access to the contents in the iPhone of one of the San Bernardino terrorists. Apple said no and now they are in a battle over this, because Apple feels this would set a precedent for institutions like the FBI to be intruding whenever they see it feet into Apple devices (that is one of the versions, at least).

Sefie, Mar 3, 2016
  4. Sefie

rz3300

I have not really been able to follow the news a lot lately, but I do have to say that this is one story that I have been trying to keep an eye on. This is really a fascinating case that deals with a lot of important issues that are at the core of business and the Constitution. This takes me back to some Constitutional Law days...those were some wild times.

rz3300, Mar 13, 2016
  5. Sefie

IcyBC

I hope Apple will come out ahead in this issue! This is one and the only thing as it seems that we might still have some privacy and rights.

Whatever on that terrorist's phone, let Apple unlocked it in front of the FBI and be done with it but not giving total and complete rights to them. Just do that one phone and one phone only! Haha, I talk like it is an easy case, which is not :)

IcyBC, Mar 14, 2016
Ask a Question