App to limit daily data usage

Discussion in 'Android' started by djtech, Mar 16, 2016.

1. djtech

djtech

So, after days of trying to find a good app, I decided to post here.

Basically, I work on the move sometimes, but my data plan isn't big. I have used the in-built data usage thing in android but it doesn't limit daily data usage.

I need something that will make sure that my data turns off the moment I use more than (say) 500MB of mobile data in a day.

Please tell me a good android app that will do that?

djtech, Mar 16, 2016
  2. djtech

CasualGoofy

CasualGoofy, Mar 16, 2016
    IcyBC and djtech like this.
  3. djtech

djtech

Thanks that works. Yeah, the problem is that I am so used to doing things on wifi that sometimes I forget that I am not on wifi and continue using the phone like I am. That's when my data gets consumed without me noticing.

djtech, Mar 18, 2016
  4. djtech

CasualGoofy

Glad it works!

When you are bored enough you could take a extra step and go into settings to manage the apps. There should be an option to restrict background data usage.

I'm also on a very small data plan.

CasualGoofy, Mar 18, 2016
  5. djtech

djtech

Oh yeah. I did that too. I don't want any data usage that hasn't been "authorized" by me. I have even installed Netbalancer on my laptop so that anytime I am not on wifi, I can restrict and monitor my data usage. So, I now have 3 points at which I control and monitor my data usage - one is on the phone's data usage section, the other is on the app, and the third is on the laptop.

djtech, Mar 19, 2016
  6. djtech

IcyBC

I know many people who are on limited data, my daughter included, so that is app is good to know. Now I will pass the link to her, and she can use the setting to set it without worrying that she will be going over her data plan. Thanks @CasualGoofy

IcyBC, Mar 20, 2016
  7. djtech

djtech

Yeah Thanks @CasualGoofy It seems in all of my excitement I forgot to say that most important thing :)

Anyways, I am glad that I am no longer victim of my own addiction.

djtech, Mar 20, 2016
  8. djtech

Fermin420

Hey thanks! I'm giving this a try for sure, data plans are super expensive in my country so I have to use it wisely. Android comes with a feature to limit data but it doesn't seem to work the way I want it to.

Fermin420, Mar 30, 2016
Ask a Question