AOD250 won't boot if battery IS charged.

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by CASY, Sep 15, 2012.

1. CASY

CASY

OK yes you read right. I seaeched everywhere for this answer. This is not the usual Black screen problem everyone else is having. I get no power if any of these conditions exist.
    1 Battery IS fully charged. (if charging its ok but once charged won't boot)
    2 If battery is missing. (battery must be in and not fully charged)
    3 Power adapter not plugged in.

I must have the battery and adapter present. Once battery is fully charged if I turn it off I have to wait a couple days for the battery to drain before I can turn it on again. Will not boot with just ac power or just battery. Any ideas? Strange one. BTW did a bios update but all that did was make the battery last longer. I only had to wait 24 hrs before that for it to drain.

CASY, Sep 15, 2012
  2. CASY

ryptyde

So you are saying that under the three above conditions and the power button is pressed to turn on you cannot even enter F2 for the bios settings or F12 for the boot menu either?

ryptyde

ryptyde, Sep 16, 2012
  3. CASY

CASY

Exactly. It must have an other than charged battery and be plugged in. Once battery charges fully it won't start again until battery wears down a bit. Must have ac adapter and battery attached though.

CASY, Sep 16, 2012
  4. CASY

ryptyde

That is a puzzler for sure. I have a AAO250 and can pull the battery and have just the charger plugged in and it with boot up and load to a desktop. I wonder if that bios update caused the problem? Maybe you could downgrade the bios version by reflashing with an earlier version.

ryptyde

ryptyde, Sep 16, 2012
  5. CASY

CASY

No the problem I am having is why I flashed the bios. :confused:

CASY, Sep 16, 2012
  6. CASY

ryptyde

Very strange behavior for sure. So some internal voltage sensor must be at fault I would guess. Sorry but I don't have a clue as how to track that down and wonder if a Acer support person could shed any light on it.

phil

EDIT: I did a search and see that some people have removed the battery and power cord then held the on/off button down for about a minute then replaced the battery and had the laptop start. Worth a try I guess.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
    ryptyde, Sep 16, 2012
  7. CASY

CASY

Yes it was worth a try. I did that already and did the bios flash because another search said to. Guess this is a unique issue and you are probably right. If anyone can help it is probably an Acer Tech. Thanks for trying though. Appreciate it.

CASY, Sep 17, 2012
  8. CASY

CASY

Just bought a new battery (why I have no idea) and it made absolutly no change. Now when the new battery is full it won't turn on. Can not believe I am the only one with such an issue.:confused:

CASY, Sep 20, 2012
Ask a Question