AOD250 Version Differences in Processor? N280 v N270 +$$$

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by triplecore, May 26, 2009.

1. triplecore

triplecore

I currently have the older Aspire One the 8.9 inch and I want a bigger screen. I happen to be in Taiwan for a bussiness trip and I am under the assumption that electronics such as computer should be cheaper than in the US. Currently it doesn't not seem to be in my favor. Computer and notebooks are at the comparable or more expensive then in the United States. I can get a MSI Wind in the US for $329 in Taiwan after converting to US currency it around $400!

More importantly the Aspire One AOD250 (Blue Color) is $17,600NTD which equals $541.50 USD!!! Its on Amazon for the same price.
    http://www.amazon.com/Acer-AOD250-1185- ... =de_a_smtd

The only difference from what I can tell (I can't read Chinese so I am not sure of the brochure the person gave me) is that it has "Bluetooth 2.0EDR and a N280 processor at 1.66GHZ 667MHZ FSB, 6 Cell batt at 5200"some Chinese follows i am guessing for the unit")

Is this worth the price increase? And is the N280 that much better?

triplecore, May 26, 2009
  2. triplecore

dukemagus

people says that 280 is 5% better than 270 in performance... i dunno if that's real.

dukemagus, Aug 13, 2009
Ask a Question