AOA150 ZG5 Power On/Off First Black Screen then White Screen

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by AspireAOA150, Feb 18, 2012.

1. AspireAOA150

AspireAOA150

Good Day All!

I have an Acer Aspire One AOA150 ZG5. Does anybody have or has anyone seen this problem:

Power Down the Netbook
    Power On
    Screen is black, No Bios Info Screen, Just Black for a few moments and then...
    White Screen

I have to turn the system Off and On a million times before it finally boots up.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John B.

Update 3-22-12
    I swapped out the Hard Drive; and then the Memory added / removed; installed heat sink (system was cold when I installed it, just thought I'd mention it problem is there cold or hot); Bios Version: 3310. When it's running, it operates perfectl. It did shut down on me at least twice since I've had it due to heat issues. I have a lot of stuff plugged into it. It's my main system. You can see it all in my profile. When testing, there is nothing plugged into it. I replaced the screen once too, but the problem, but it had no effect on the problem. I'm thinking maybe a motherboard issue. I have an identical unit that I suppose I could swap whatever I can and see if the problem follows. I wish someone else out there would read this forum and share the same issues, so we could collaborate and help each other.

AspireAOA150, Feb 18, 2012
  2. AspireAOA150

pertsavk

Re: AOA150 ZG5 Power Down Turn On Black Screen then White Sc

A very sick panel? I have a zg5 that only shows white screen. It is fine however if connected to an external display. I opened the cover and it seems the previous owner had been a bit sloppy with his panel replacement project as it had quite a bad screwdriver track crossing the connector. Because this is my spare part machine, I have not dug into it so deeply.

pertsavk, Mar 20, 2012
  3. AspireAOA150

AspireAOA150

Re: AOA150 ZG5 Power Down Turn On Black Screen then White Sc

Hi! Thanks for the response! What do you mean by "panel" what part is that... or what does it look like? Will I be able to swap that part to my other netbook and see if the problem follows it?

AspireAOA150, Mar 21, 2012
Ask a Question