AOA110 ZG5 Graphics Problem after Bios Upgrade XP

Discussion in 'Windows' started by elephant_guy, Aug 24, 2010.

1. elephant_guy

elephant_guy

Hope someone can help me with this....

Have a AOA110 ZG5 (XP) which was not charging the battery. I performed the Bios upgrade (as per instructions) and all went well as regards the battery aspect. Unfortunately the whole screen from startup following the Bios upgrade lost colour (excessively yellow and light blue) and is virtually impossible to read.

I have taken the bios back down to its previous version, uninstalled and then reinstalled the Chipset and VGA drivers for the Intel 945 GMA graphics chip and have even reinstalled windows but the colour distortion remains.

The only temporary solution has been to manually alter and save the Intel graphics colour and brightness settings using the Intel graphics interface in Control panel, but this still leaves text unclear and graphics very poor - almost like it is in safe mode.

I have trawled the internet and spent many (MANY) long hours trying to resolve the problem with no success. I am a bit of a noob so maybe I have missed something obvious...

Has anyone come across this before and can offer a possible solution.

Regards

Elephant_Guy

elephant_guy, Aug 24, 2010
  2. elephant_guy

Dennis Nilsson

Test to boot with some Linux LiveCD, and check if the graphics problem still persists.
    http://www.livecdlist.com/

Then you know if it is a software or hardware/BIOS failure/setting.

Dennis Nilsson, Sep 14, 2010
Ask a Question