AOA 150-1570 works fine with WIN8

Discussion in 'Windows' started by sanfordturbo, Mar 6, 2012.

1. sanfordturbo

sanfordturbo

Downloaded the Consumer preview the other day. Installed via USB DVD drive and ISO disc without any issues at all. All attempts to modify registry hack to support lower video resolution failed miserably. Ended up just downloading the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator mega driver pack from the Intel site. Win8 picked up the correct driver out of that mega install pack from Intel. Used the Windows7-32 bit pack from 2010.

Resolution is just fine now. Metro apps don't run unless I have an external monitor attached with higher display resolution selected. The Metro apps work fine on this netbook with monitor attached. I have keyboard and mouse hooked up via usb too. Works like a champ for normal office type stuff. Trying to use it exclusively this week to force myself to learn Win8. So far I can do most of my normal stuff in Microsoft Office, Sharepoint, etc. Things get a little sluggish at times, but it is not like I'm ready to throw it out and go back to windows 7. It just works for normal daily use. No friggin way I'd use it for games. Normal Netbook things work fine with Win8 on this Acer Aspire 150x. *note* - upgraded the RAM

Card reader worked without any additional drivers.
    WebCam worked without any additional drivers.
    Bluetooth dongle worked without any additional drivers.
    Sound worked without any additional drivers.
    All USB ports worked without any additional drivers.

Device manager tells me that I have some "base system device" that has not been configured properly. (shows up 3 times)

Kinda remember that windows 7 did that too. Installed Jmicron card reader drivers for XP and it cleared it up.

sanfordturbo, Mar 6, 2012
  2. sanfordturbo

KiNG

good to hear its working pretty good on it.

KiNG, Mar 10, 2012
Ask a Question