Ao751h wifi problems.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Rob2k27, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Rob2k27

Rob2k27

Hey all, Thought id give this a go as i cant seem to get help from anywhere else for this model and im not the best with computers.

i have a acer ao751h-52bk. my problem is i cant find a function for the notebook to even scan for a network?i have tried the slide button at the bottom left front corner and the symbol of a sat comes on and then off but if i go through the menu's there is nothing to suggest a wifi connection? I know the wifi is working elsewhere as im on it now and my phone also picks it up, but why not my notebook?

I have tried to reboot it and still this is the same. I bought it and i think it was a shop display model? Can anyone help please!!!

Thanks so much, Rob

Rob2k27, Aug 3, 2010
  2. Rob2k27

Swarvey Moderator

If you're using Windows, look towards the bottom-right of your screen near the clock. There should be an icon there, which, if you hover your mouse over it, will say "View Available Wireless Networks" or "Wireless Networks Detected". If the icon's not there, click the (<) button to slide out the hidden icons.

If it's still not there, look in your device manager to see if the WiFi card is enabled and doesn't have any problems.
    Right Click My Computer -> Properties -> Hardware tab -> Device Manager

Swarvey, Aug 3, 2010
Ask a Question