AO751h-52Yk with 3-cell battery?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by garych, Oct 28, 2009.

1. garych

garych

Yesterday I bought an AO751h-52Yk after much deliberation, deciding to go with the 52YK model as it's listed on the Acer website as having a 6-cell battery and "up to 9 hours battery life". After installing Win7 Pro and leaving it on charge for several hours, I noticed that on a full charge I only have around 2hr50 charge remaining. It's also a smaller battery than the 6-cell one as it looks nothing like the one on the right here:

[​IMG]

Firstly, has anyone else had the same problem and if so, are Acer or the vendor likely to replace it for the 6-cell version? Thanks in advance.

garych, Oct 28, 2009
  2. garych

fauxpas

You have the 3 cell. Acer, or your vendor, may replace it, but you be best buying an ebay 6 cell and have both. They can be had for $50 delivered and are as good as OEM. I have one and its great.

fauxpas, Oct 29, 2009
  3. garych

garych

I've emailed Acer but having a second battery certainly wouldn't be a bad thing, there are several on eBay for around £30 so I'll get one of those if Acer can't help. Thanks for the reply.

garych, Oct 29, 2009
  4. garych

Grim Squeaker

Actually on a 3 cell you'd probably not get more than 1,5 hours or so... or at least my AAO dies after that :p

Note that Acer owns Packard Bell and Gateway - and that the batteries from some of those netbooks therefor also fit perfectly :)

Grim Squeaker, Oct 30, 2009
Ask a Question