AO722 - HELP with POWER ISSUES

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by kkd, Jan 8, 2012.

1. kkd

kkd

hi all, wondering someone could give me advise on what to do, bought the new AO722 from USA, currently living in the UK, my netbook does not power on just on the battery when i have fully charged it and taken out the AC adaptor. it only powers on after being left for like 4-5 hours. when its fully charged and i power it, the power light comes on just for a second or two then, nothing appears on screen.

this is really frustrating, have flashed to the latest bios but no luck. cheers

kkd, Jan 8, 2012
  2. kkd

Swarvey Moderator

Silly question, but if you look on the bottom of the brick in the AC lead, does it say it's just for 110v (US) or is it a 110/230v power supply? You could very well be putting WAY too much juice into your machine if you have an inappropriate AC lead.

Swarvey, Jan 8, 2012
  3. kkd

kkd

thanks for the response mate, it does say 110 - 230v, 50hz & 60hz, would you reckon i get something to bring the power input down a bit if i have not already caused any damage, last night for instance, was using it few times, turned it on and off few times no problem, until i left it for about 2hours, when i went to put it back on it wouldnt work, not even this morning. cheers

kkd, Jan 9, 2012
  4. kkd

nestone

Not necessary. Your power brick is dual voltage. In other words, it will work in the USA and the UK with the proper plug adapter to fit into the mains. The brick will adjust for the input voltage while sending the proper DC voltage to the computer. From my experience, if you completely drain the battery, the power brick doesn't have enough "juice" to both charge the battery and run the computer at the same time. Charge for about an hour and then you can continue charging and using the computer at the same time.

nestone, Jan 9, 2012
  5. kkd

kkd

thank you, i will give this a go and update you later on. cheers

kkd, Jan 9, 2012
  6. kkd

kkd

Re: AO722 - HELP with POWER ISSUES --- HELPPP

now my netbook will not boot on the battery alone, i needed to plug the ac, once it starts up, i can take it off and continue using on the battery. i am totally lost.... and very frustrated.. HELP guys... any suggestions

kkd, Jan 11, 2012
Ask a Question