AO533 memory compatability list.

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by maddmatt02, Sep 13, 2010.

1. maddmatt02

maddmatt02

can we get one of these started for the AO533.

I got this one that doesnt work

G Skill F3 8500CL7S-2GBSQ 2GB

not necessarily that it isnt compatible because I could have gotten a bad piece, but the power light turns blue and then nothing, put the stock 1GB stick back in and it starts right back up like normal.

I bought it because of the 7-7-7-20 timing vs the 9-9-9-24 of most listed.

I think I can send it back and get a stick of crucial memory because that supposedly works in this netbook. but can anyoen confirm the g skill wont work, and that this will.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6820148192

maddmatt02, Sep 13, 2010
  2. maddmatt02

Swarvey Moderator

As newer models of the AAO come out and people perform successful RAM upgrades, they will be added to the existing compatible RAM list which is already stickied for everyone to find.

Posting which RAM modules don't work is a good idea as it will save others some time and effort, but there's no real need to create a compatibility list for each specific model, when they're all listed by model in the existing thread.

Swarvey, Sep 13, 2010
  3. maddmatt02

maddmatt02

I am pretty dang sure that list didnt look like that when I posted this. they werent broken down by model, and they all said DDR2, so I figured it was just a list for the 532 or something.

I found another one that doesnt work by reading reviews on newegg. Im having trouble finding the exact stick crucial recommends, but I can find other crucial 2gb ddr3 sticks...

maddmatt02, Sep 19, 2010
  4. maddmatt02

Swarvey Moderator

LOL I took over the existing compatibility list and split it up by model back in February, but I did only add the 533 within the last few weeks. If you look towards the bottom of the list you'll find google and ebay links to the only stick that's been reported as compatible with the 533. I'm hoping more will be reported soon though.

Swarvey, Sep 20, 2010
  5. maddmatt02

maddmatt02

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=2869

I think that might have been the one I looked at first...

anyways, its been a while but I still havent tried any others or gotten the one that works for sure yet...

if I have some extra money Ill probably get a stick with my next check. I remember when I had my old PIII system with 128mb, and doubling up to 256 was a HUGE improvement. wonder how much better 2GB will be over 1?

maddmatt02, Oct 9, 2010
  6. maddmatt02

Swarvey Moderator

Yeah that other post is pretty old, someone else added to it the other day, not completely sure why though. The old one that I reclaimed is formatted by model, as well as a google search for the model number (for information) and an eBay search (for purchasing options). I only added the eBay search cos it'd be too much work to get other site information, not to mention the actual code of the post is getting quite large.

I've got a computer sitting in my workshop atm, mainly devoted to testing and zeroing hard drives, it's only running 128Mb and Win XP Pro, sluggish as all buggery, can't wait to find some more SD RAM to top it up (i'm talking the archaic PC-100 SD RAM LOL) The more the better in my opinion. Windows always loves having more resources to chew up.

Swarvey, Oct 9, 2010
Ask a Question