AO532h Problem when charging

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Toimia, May 3, 2010.

1. Toimia

Toimia

Hey,

So here's the 411, I recently bought an Acer Aspire One 532h from my trip to New York and in my haste to get everything packed, I left the small clover plastic thing you need to put on the end of the charger in the box when I threw it away. When I got back I purchased a universal charger from ebay for about 20 quid; When it arrived it seemed to charge fine but i've noticed if i charge it while the netbooks still on, the mouse really jitters making it almost impossible to use.

I tried updating the software (ALPS touchpad) but that just made the touchpad not work at all, so i had to roll it back. Although, if i plug in a usb mouse it seems to work fine with being charged.

So here's my question: is it the touchpad software that is buggered or the actual charger? I still have the American power cable so if anyone has the technical name for them clover plastic things and if they're widely available/cheap I'd much rather buy one of them and use the official charger then this universal one anyway.

Another thing to note is when its being charged I can just hover my finger over the touchpad and it'll register but when its not plugged in it won't, probably just because of the extra power going to it but I just want to be sure.

Thanks

- Toimia

Toimia, May 3, 2010
  2. Toimia

Swarvey Moderator

You said the ALPS driver didn't work, are you sure you don't have the Synaptics touchpad instead?

Swarvey, May 4, 2010
  3. Toimia

Toimia

I tried installing the synaptics touchpad driver but for some reason it was being reconigsed as a mouse; but with that aside it still had the jittering problem.

Toimia, May 4, 2010
Ask a Question