AO522 w/intel 6200 advanced [no post/driver freeze?]

Discussion in 'Networking' started by poy, Feb 20, 2011.

1. poy

poy

I have an AO522 and installed a intel 6200 advanced card to replace the broadcom unit inside. Once I try to install a driver for it from intel, the netbook freezes. So i restart the unit and after the windows 7 load bar finishes its frozen on a black screen. Any solutions for this? I've tried various drivers from intel and still the same freeze half way through install and on boot its stuck.

poy, Feb 20, 2011
  2. poy

elPaulio Moderator

Hi there,

It sounds more like your hardware is at fault here rather than a driver.

To be doubly sure I would boot into safe mode, remove all drivers you have installed through Device Manager then switch off.
    Remove the 6200 and boot up and install the drivers without the card in place. Then shut down and re-install the card and boot up.

It may not let you install the drivers if it doesn't detect the card so the above may not work, but if you are sure you are using the correct drivers and you are getting constant crashes on install then it may be the card.

Paul :ugeek:

elPaulio, Feb 21, 2011
  3. poy

poy

Thanks for the above advice. I did as directed and still no dice. Definitely have a feeling it may well be the card. Upon powering up the notebook i do notice the wifi light isn't on with the intel 6200 installed. However as soon as the broadcom card is in and powered up the wifi light is back on. Questionable card :shock:

poy, Feb 21, 2011
  4. poy

casemods

Have you tried a different card? The card itself might be dead.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6833106061

Check the reviews. Someone with an AcerOne 532h reported it working.

Again, I would make sure the unit itself is not bad.

Try it in another laptop maybe?

casemods, Mar 31, 2011
Ask a Question