AO522 model number for open WWAN slot?

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by WalkerYYJ, Jun 6, 2011.

1. WalkerYYJ

WalkerYYJ

Hi all, am making the switch from my old EEE 901 (integrated GPS/touch/2nd audio port/Wimax/integrated SIM ripper/Integrated 2ndwifi (Alfa 500mw)) to an Acer. I am looking at an AO522(however am flexible if other models would be better suited to my needs.) However I am having one heck of a time finding an explanation of specific model numbers of different AO522s... IE what has an open miniPCIE slot for a WWAN card, do any of the units ship with an SSD stock (id rather not waste $$ on an HDD Im just going to put in the trash can) etc...

Can anyone tell me where I can find an explanation of model numbers, and or suggest a model which will save the time of having to add a slot for a WWAN module.
    I was looking at using a sierra wireless WWAN MC8780 for 3g + GPS has anyone here had success with this card or do you recommend something different?

Any suggestions for replacing the WIFI module for something that will inject while in monitor mode?

thanks

-walk

WalkerYYJ, Jun 6, 2011
Ask a Question