AO522-BZ897 - RAM/wifi card (and possibly hard drive) access

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by casemods, Apr 1, 2011.

1. casemods

casemods

BE SURE TO READ THE ENTIRE WALK-THROUGH BEFORE PROCEEDING. IF YOU DON'T, YOU RISK DAMAGE TO THE UNIT. Also,

With a little help from a user on another website I visit (image blog, not related to hardware, and especially not related to acer netbooks in any way)

Decided to take pictures of the whole process.

Step 1: Take the battery out. (no pictures required. Simply un-lock the left tab by sliding it to the left, until the red "un-locked" indicator shows. Then hold the right tab to the right and pull out the battery)

Step 2

A: Note the little spring-loaded tabs holding the netbook keyboard in place.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

B: Then gently press on the back side of the keyboard (the silver is the back of the keyboard) while pushing the spring loaded pins in.

Edit: Not all models will have 2 slots. And I have reports of the "foil" on the keyboard being very thin. My keyboard has what appears to be sturdy aluminum behind the keyboard, and I had no problems pushing on it to remove it. You can use a blunt (flat ended) object such as a pencil eraser if you want to be extra careful. I'm sure there are other ways as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

C: Note the keyboard will lift up like this. Feel free to GENTLY lift up on one corner while pushing the rest of the tabs in.

[​IMG]

The keyboard will then come out. But don't just pull on it!

D: Gently lift up on the top about 6 inches, then look down and you will see where the keyboard connects to the motherboard.

[​IMG]

E: You must push both sides of the lock mechanism thingy as directed to remove the wire.

Note: This step is optional. All 4 screws can be reached without removing the keyboard. I have reports of the keyboard wire being hard to put back in, I had no problems though.

Also note that if you plan to do this again, you can feel free to leave the screws out. I think the snap-locks are more than enough to hold it in place, and that will save you the hassle of taking the keyboard out next time. Do what you think is best. I'm pretty sure those screws are only holding the back door on.

Gently slide the wire in the same direction as the lock to remove it.

[​IMG]

F: Note where the tabs are. These must go in first when you put it back together.

[​IMG]

G: After you have the keyboard off, the unit will look like this. I forgot to take a picture of the entire thing, but this should do.

[​IMG]

H: You then need to remove the 4 screws labeled "(1) Door".

This one is pretty straight forward.

I: Press firmly with a blunt object in the circled area. You will hear a snap which is some of the snap-locks coming out. You can pry the rest out with your finger if you want.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

J: This is the "Door" that comes off. And the part where you press to remove it. Also note that there are several snap-locks around the perimeter of the door which will require you to snap-lock each in place.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

K: This is what the bottom of the unit will look like.

[​IMG]

L: Close-ups of the wifi card, ram, hard drive and fan.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

M: For the RAM, push the metal tabs out. For the wifi, un-screw the screw and gently lift up (removal of the wires not needed, but I recommend it.

The RAM card will then spring up like this.

[​IMG]

Wifi card like this.

[​IMG]

N: Make note of the door and it's tabs. It needs to go back in like this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope this helps :)

I just installed this patriot 4gb stick and it worked with no problems.

I bought it from walmart, and I can't locate the model number on the website, so I will link you to the same exact ram I have on newegg.

The model number on my box is "PSD34G13332S"

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... _-20220476

[​IMG]

casemods, Apr 1, 2011
Ask a Question