AO521 mic, headphones and bluetooth working in 10.10

Discussion in 'Linux' started by mark.rehorst, Jan 16, 2011.

1. mark.rehorst

mark.rehorst

After hours of searching and trying many different things yesterday I got the headphone jack, microphone, and bluetooth all working, sort-of.
    For the microphone and headphone jack you need to add the following two lines to the end of the /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf file:

Code:
    options snd-hda-intel model=acer-aspire position_fix=1
    options snd-hda-intel model=thinkpad

The first line fixes the microphone but for some reason the sensitivity is very low. You have to unlock the channel level sliders that control the mic level and set one of them to 0 and the other to 100% (in the pulseaudio volume control) or you won't get anything from the mic at all. The second line fixes the headphone jack completely.

Bluetooth can be made to work (also sort-of) by deleting the /lib/firmware/ath3k-1.fw and renaming file ath3k-2.fw to ath3k-1.fw
    The Fn+f3 keys are supposed to allow selection of wireless, bluetooth, both, neither but it doesn't seem to work. Bluetooth and wireless will both be on after making the change listed above. I was able to pair a bluetooth earpiece and get audio working in both directions. I found this fix on a Russian blog which for which I've lost the link.

MR

mark.rehorst, Jan 16, 2011
Ask a Question