anyone tried Windows XP Live USB Edition ?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by KiNG, Aug 5, 2008.

1. KiNG

KiNG

66mb rar file
    you can get from the usual places

anyone tried this to see if its working on the aspire one ?

KiNG, Aug 5, 2008
  2. KiNG

DarrenHD

Yes I downloaded that but it is basically a BartPE cd built with XP. The procedure in this particular file uses the HP storage utility to create a bootable USB disk. I tried that method and I had no success.

However, prior to downloading this I had already successfully created a BartPE disc and made my USB stick bootable and copied it...so now I can boot with this USB stick and ghost my system over the network (I had to add the network driver, which is not hard)...so now I have a complete backup of my XP install (which is fully tweaked and working perfectly). I want to test more Vista and get it working better...

But to answer your question yes it should work. I would rather follow the instructions on the following link, though, as that is what worked for me.

http://www.vandomburg.net/installing-wi ... -from-usb/

I tried many different methods and this is the only one that worked first time...(for me...) your milage may vary :)

Darren

DarrenHD, Aug 5, 2008
Ask a Question