Anyone know why????

Discussion in 'Windows' started by toni2575, Feb 6, 2010.

1. toni2575

toni2575

I cant seem to put any films i have on my acer one to usb without them not playing.
    when on laptop, they show as windows media player or vlc media player icons and play fine. As soon as i drag them onto my usb, icon changes to AVI icon and they will no longer play. This doesnt happen with my other acer aspire 5315 and ive only come across the problem with my acer one.
    thing is i would really like them off my laptop and on to my sons as he nicks my laptop every night now to watch a film. lol.
    Any ideas would be great,
    thanks
    toni

toni2575, Feb 6, 2010
  2. toni2575

TechMark

can you right click and select open-with and open with VLC player? if that works, you can select choose program and make the change permanent.

TechMark, Feb 8, 2010
  3. toni2575

cheater99

Most likely a codec problem of some-sort. You could try installing the k-lite codec pack.

cheater99, Feb 20, 2010
  4. toni2575

RaphaRB

I prefer CCCP: Combined Community Codec Pack

RaphaRB, Mar 25, 2010
  5. toni2575

eyeaspire1

He says it is with his USB drive so the problem must lie there. If the videos play fine when ran from the computer, they should run fine from the drive. Try backing up your files on the USB and then formatting it to get rid of any problems. You should, of course, scan before backing up.

eyeaspire1, Oct 26, 2010
Ask a Question