anyone figure out how to play bf2 on aa1

Discussion in 'Windows' started by geazy, Mar 31, 2009.

1. geazy

geazy

seems like the specs should allow all low settings but it wont boot. I know some of you smarties have figured out how to play games that are deemed unplayable but have figured it out. Anything on Battlefield 2, Act of war or company of heroes?

geazy, Mar 31, 2009
  2. geazy

Explosivo

i would also like to know if it's possable to run battlefield 2 on the one

has anyone got any ideas?

Explosivo, May 5, 2009
  3. geazy

biggman15

It won't boot? Can you get into the game at all? I've never played it... but Is it hanging up before it would normally change resolution? I've tried several games that should work but don't simply because the Aspire one isn't too friendly with 1024x768...

You could try this...
    http://www.eeefiles.com/index.php?act=view&id=400

It can force a large number of Resolutions... It can also detect when a game is trying but cant change it... There are several settings... And has worked for me so far...

biggman15, May 5, 2009
  4. geazy

Arturllm

Anyone get BF2 working fine?

After open the game, it get black for 1sec and then closes itself. Can anyone help us? ;P

Arturllm, May 6, 2009
  5. geazy

geazy

yeah sounds like we all have the same problem.

geazy, May 6, 2009
  6. geazy

Explosivo

ok i got bf2 running on my aa1 using swiftshader but it's like a slideshow on single player :( so dont even bother

Explosivo, May 8, 2009
  7. geazy

geazy

lol did you tweak all settings and things to low. I'm assuming so. this other guy on here is claiming he is getting like 15-20 fps using some custom config files. I'm still waiting to see how he's doing it.

geazy, May 8, 2009
  8. geazy

gelerium

I tried to install BF2 again today with same results, still some of the lvls is possible ( meeting more than 2 players the fps drops hard... ) to play but really not a game for the AAO... Can't seem to find out why you are not getting in to the game... Only thing I can think of is the video scaling... The videos in the start of the game is 1024x768... If you edit them or just remove them i think you maybe should be able to get in to the menus...

Still don't know why any one want to hack BF2 this much... BF 1942 + Patches will give you a much more satisfying gaming experience... This will be like playing Oblivion with the Oldblivion patch, removing much of the fun factor of the game... BTW. BF2 is the only game I have tried on the aao that you will need to clock your up to its original speed...

gelerium, May 10, 2009
  9. geazy

Explosivo

how do you remove the video scaling?

Explosivo, May 11, 2009
Ask a Question