Any Way To Increase Sound Output

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Kschreck, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Kschreck

Kschreck

Other then using the Windows volume controls and the volume controls inside programs and media players, is there any tweaks or programs that can amplify the sound some more to make it more loud?

Kschreck, Oct 6, 2008
  2. Kschreck

hjongste

Rather then screw up the tiny amplifier and speakers in the Acer, get for a small amount of money some simple external speakers (like for an Ipod)

hjongste, Oct 6, 2008
  3. Kschreck

Veazer

I haven't tried it on the AAO, but you might give the Toshiba Virtual Sound app a shot. I've seen it have huge improvements on some laptops, and almost no improvement on others... I did have one old celeron based Acer that had bluescreens from this app though. Please report back and let us know how it works for you.

You can find it here: http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9518

Veazer, Oct 6, 2008
  4. Kschreck

Midori

Or use a small usb soundcard...? if your using external speakers and some headphones

Midori, Oct 7, 2008
  5. Kschreck

dismal

or look for a program called ac3filter, install this and run it and turn up the master volume and restart your media player/program and you should see a difference.

dismal, Oct 8, 2008
  6. Kschreck

Forone

Mine came with a Realtek Audio Manager for adjusting sound - still experimenting with it but it permits saving personalized equalizer and volume settings.

Forone, Nov 2, 2008
  7. Kschreck

Veazer

Another easy solution is to use FFDShow, and for audio select "Uncompressed" and choose all. This will cause all audio to pass through ffdshow, which allows you to boost levels, equalize, etc.

Veazer, Nov 2, 2008
Ask a Question