Any recommendations?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by unsavvy, Oct 31, 2015.

1. unsavvy

unsavvy

Hi,
    So..I don't really know a whole lot about computers, so I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend a good one for me? My budget is around $400, so I'm not looking for anything super fancy, mostly just for internet stuff- browsing, watching movies, ect.

I just want something that has a fast processor and is pretty reliable. I've had HP and a Toshiba satellite in the past; I actually thought the HP was faster but the Toshiba was definitely more reliable(HP kept having breakdowns). Kind of want something different now. Someone recommended a Dell Inspiron, are those any good? He said it should have a i3 or i5 intel processor, but I'm not too sure what that is or if it's affordable. My main concern is just something that won't lag- my Toshiba was kind of bad for that,

Anyways, if anyone can recommend a good laptop for me that would be great. I just feel like I don't know enough about them and there's so many options, but I don't know what I'm looking at, lol. Any help is appreciated!

unsavvy, Oct 31, 2015
  2. unsavvy

Lun

Could you tell us the exact models of the Toshiba and HP laptops you had? Just for comparison's sake. I'll try to find something that's more powerful than them within that price range, I just need the specs first.

I really can't rely on HP anymore after my HDD started failing after only 3 months of use. Ironically though the HDD's brand is Toshiba, so I don't know who should take the blame for that lol. I'd recommend Dell definitely. Although you may have to pay a little more than what you're comfortable with to get a powerful enough laptop, I can vouch for their reliability. My dad's laptop is already 10 years old and works fine, although the HDD failed a few years ago, but that's fair considering its age. It's an old Dell laptop he uses for work and it still runs windows XP.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
    Lun, Oct 31, 2015
  3. unsavvy

IcyBC

Apple product is reliable and it is a bit out of your price range, but I would recommend investing in it. You won't too much problem with viruses or slow mode, so I heard, and I have a MacBook now that I love.

I also have HP laptops before, one died after 7 years of service, and one died after only 2 years. My son has a Toshiba satellite, and it is still working. So it is really up to what you want to have on your computer.

IcyBC, Oct 31, 2015
  4. unsavvy

Brijesh Gohil

If you can spend about $1000 than you can buy MacBook Air but it would not fit into your $400 budget.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
    Brijesh Gohil, Oct 31, 2015
  5. unsavvy

unsavvy

Thanks for the responses guys :)

Lun- Wow that's amazing, 10 year old Dell that still works? I'm definitely leaning towards a Dell now. You asked me what the models of my old laptops were, the Toshiba was satellite c655 and the other one was HP Compaq nc6220. The HP had a lot of failing issues but then again I bought it refurbished, maybe that has something to do with it.

Icy & Brijesh- It's funny you both mentioned Macbooks because my dream computer is a Macbook Air! Haha, I wish. Maybe someday...

unsavvy, Oct 31, 2015
    Brijesh Gohil likes this.
Ask a Question