Any Cure For Keyboard Bounce ..... eeesh!

Discussion in 'Asus Eee PC' started by scwinn, Nov 1, 2009.

1. scwinn

scwinn

It is the only thing that I hate about the 751h. Has anyone else found a way to stop the frickin keyboard from bouncing when you type. It completely throws me off.

scwinn, Nov 1, 2009
  2. scwinn

fauxpas

Type softer? I don't even notice any bounce at all on my 751.

fauxpas, Nov 1, 2009
  3. scwinn

Guest Guest

Don't have any bounce here either. But you can take out the keyboard and put something underneath the keyboard (maybe some thick wire tape), so there is no space between the keyboard and case...

Guest, Nov 1, 2009
  4. scwinn

r00n

The touchpad who is throwing my cursor around is much more annoying. Keyboard is perfect. Just enough feedback to feel if you entered a key or not....

r00n, Nov 1, 2009
  5. scwinn

Nick_in_Wash

The Gateway LT31 series used two pieces of double-backed tape to stabilize the keyboard. One under the "G" key and one under the "P" key.

Nick_in_Wash, Nov 5, 2009
  6. scwinn

scwinn

The Gateway keyboard is also a bit different, and the construction of the LT31 is a bit better, not that the 751h is bad...

I would bet that the LT31 is made by the same factory that makes the A110 series and that the 751h is made by the factory that made the D150/250 series. But that is just a guess.

Neither keyboard is all that good, but the LT31 has significantly less bounce, which I find annoying and also that it affects typing accuracy, but that is just me.

scwinn, Nov 5, 2009
  7. scwinn

FatFinger

I have the same issue with a brand new Aspire 57338G. The keyyboard continually throws in double characcters which is proving to be a total nniusance and a major productivity bbarrier.

I'm curious too know if this is a generic pproblem or if I need to take this new laptop back and exchange it for one that works prooperly. Any advice or guidance much apppreicated.

FatFinger, Dec 4, 2009
  8. scwinn

Twan013

thats weird.. no flex here at all with mine! Ive even pressed each individal key with a fair amount of force and cant find any hint of flex.. I do recall a review saying that the keyboard fels like typing on a sponge.. i love typing on mine though..

Twan013, Dec 4, 2009
  9. scwinn

FatFinger

There is no flex in the keyboard physically, but the keys are always thhrowing in ddoubles. I asssume thhat I have a hardware problem soo I will be taking this machine bback for exchange on Monday.

FatFinger, Dec 5, 2009
Ask a Question