Another D2D recovery story - help

Discussion in 'Windows' started by acerguy, Nov 2, 2009.

1. acerguy

acerguy

Hi

I have been reading this forum for a while now and have found it very useful, however i now find myself in a predicament which i am hoping someone can help me with.

I have an Acer AOA 150 Aspire One
    Upgraded to 1.5gb memory

I installed Windows 7 beta (overwriting Windows XP, yeah i know)
    I want to reinstall to factory default installation, however i am not able to do so.

To let you know where i am at so far, the PQSERVICE partition is still intact and i can make it visible by using PTEDIT and changing the type to 0C. I am able to browse the folders within Windows 7.

I have tried running MBRWRWIN installing RTMBR.win but this comes up with an error, i have tried running this command in safe mode and it works, however even when i enable D2D recovery in the bios alt-f10 does not work.

I then get a boot manager error and windows fails to boot.

From what i have read on this forum and elsewhere i believe it is related to the MBR being overwritten by Windows 7 but try as i might i cannot get the recovery partition to work.

I called Acer a long time ago and they refused point blank to send me the recovery media.

Any help would be very welcome, i spent 10 hrs yesterday trying to resolve this but to no avail.

acerguy, Nov 2, 2009
Ask a Question