Annoying sound problem on Acer Aspire One 532h

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Athyl, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Athyl

Athyl

Hello all. I am new to these forums.

I am posting this because I have an extremely annoying issue with sound on my netbook.

Problem: Whenever the computer is set down on a table or any other surface (lap included), my headphones no longer receive sound. In fact I hear a click and no sound afterward.

After some experimentation, I've noticed that whenever the battery touches any surface and weight rests on it, the sound will be cut. After some adjustments I am occasionally able to get the sound to work again, but I have to be very careful afterward if I want to continue having sound.

I use the computer for listening to my music collection while doing schoolwork and I use it to Skype with friends. Occasionally I'll also use it for browsing Youtube.

I received the computer as a gift from a relative, and the computer was in like new condition when I got it. I did a factory restore after getting the computer.

My headphones are the Turtle Beach X12 USB headphones. They work perfectly on any other device and on my main gaming rig.

Regards,

Athyl.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
    Athyl, Feb 19, 2013
Ask a Question