Annoying Flashpoint Problem

Discussion in 'Windows' started by hbkdinobot, Jul 5, 2009.

1. hbkdinobot

hbkdinobot

Hi, I have been using Flashpoint beta 5 on Windows 7 and it speeds me up greatly which is awesome, but nothing is saving on my computer. If I try to leave it on long enough to write changes to the SSD it crashes (tried shutting off sleep doesn't work), so basically I can't save any changes.Also it crashes every time I reboot.So if I try to uninstall and reboot it goes back to a state where I never uninstalled. Does anyone have a solution for this? The computer runs so much better with this installed, but I can see it getting really annoying if nothing is saving.

hbkdinobot, Jul 5, 2009
  2. hbkdinobot

jbmilman

i found that i was experiencing the same issue with version 5 so i uninstalled 5 manually and went with 4 pack 3, i found pack three on the ocz forums and now i cant seem to find it again for you. somebody on this forum found pack 1 and 2 though for me earlier from here:

http://www.sbagiuzza.com/2009/05/scaric ... point.html

good luck

jbmilman, Jul 6, 2009
  3. hbkdinobot

gruffsy

I have just recovered from the same problem. This is how i solved it.

1. Boot into another OS (Ubuntu Live, etc) via USB or (an external CD-ROM)
    2. Replace diskfp.sys in Windows\System32\drivers with an earlier version of the diskfb.sys. I used Beta 4 patch 2. Use this or patch 3. It is important to replace the diskfp.sys and not just delete it, because that will cause a BSOD.
    4. Reboot back into win7
    3. Uninstall Flashpoint via regedit.

Good luck!

PS!
    Here is a link to the Beta 4 patch 3
    http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum ... tcount=220

gruffsy, Jul 9, 2009
  4. hbkdinobot

hbkdinobot

Thanks! This solved the problem!

hbkdinobot, Jul 10, 2009
  5. hbkdinobot

chiptivo

I am so annoyed with this, the lastest makes my machine run like lightning, but it shuts down too quick without allowing the buffer to write.

Result is a errror on next boot and the desktop does not save at it is one of the last thing win7 does...

Doing the fix above and going back to the old version works, but it as slow as anything... Nearly as slow as before the installation.

I just want the quick setup with the latest update but a delay before power down...

chiptivo, Jul 22, 2009
Ask a Question